Tuesday 15 October 2013

An inspiring film and presentation.

I get very frustrated when I seem to make no progress communicating what I consider to be the blatantly obvious. Luckily there are people out there that are much better at this, so if you have time please listen to them.

Street films produced a fantastic film about Groningen that explains how they facilitate cycling with traffic planning and infrastructure.



The Movement for Liveable London has some great presentations on their website. This presentation is an inspirational incite into Sustrans DIY Streets, which allows communities to develop affordable solutions to make their streets safer and more attractive places to live.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, I have to thank you for it. It's really interesting and you have a lot of useful information about biking in Vienna. I was an activist in my homeland, know I have one an a half year living in Vienna but I just know the bike kitchen, the wuk workshop, argus people and the critical mass. I was frustrated because I wanted a different perspective and then I found this blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ananda,

    Thanks for your comment. There is a lot of really good people doing really good activism work in Vienna. I am very frustrated with the focus at times which I blog about here but then you will never get a large groups to agree all the time.

    If you are interested in getting involved more then this group is very active forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/336000544020/

    There is also the Argus / IGF Jour Fixe which I stopped going to but it is a good place to meet people in real life: http://lobby.ig-fahrrad.org/jourfixe/

    If you are interested in Road Design and see it as the solution to a lot of the issues then please please get involved, and stay in touch.

    All the best,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete